This adorable amigurumi heart pattern is worked in two parts, with a clever seaming technique included!
It’s extremely versatile and can be used in all types of variations, as well as adapted to any kind of yarn you like!
Here’s a step-by-step video tutorial for those of you who are visual learners 😉
Confused about materials? For all my personal recommendations of my most-used tools, yarns, and supplies, check out my favorites in this complete guide!
- YarnArt Jeans (sport)
- (<1 skein) 23 (orange)
- Size D 3.25mm Clover Amour hook
- fiberfill stuffing
- tapestry needle
- stitch markers
- BLO: back loop only
- ch: chain
- CC: contrast color
- dec: decrease
- hdc: half double crochet
- inc: increase (work two single crochets in one stitch)
- MC: main color
- MR: magic ring
- rnd: round
- RS: right side
- sc: single crochet
- sk: skip
- x sc: work x number of single crochets
- sl st: slip stitch
- st(s): stitch(es)
- WS: wrong side
- (x sts): total number of stitches for the round
- (…) x: work all steps within parentheses x number of times
- Crochet in continuous spiral rounds, unless specified otherwise. Use a stitch marker or piece of yarn to keep track of the last stitch in each round.
- When filling with polyester stuffing, pull apart each large chunk into many smaller chunks. This ensures an even distribution of firmness within the amigurumi.
- To avoid large holes in the crochet fabric, increase tension until the holes cannot be seen, or choose a crochet hook a size down.
- Stuff the head and the body firmly at the openings so that the neck is stable upon completion.
- Use sewing pins to secure parts of the amigurumi before you sew them.
For this pattern, the MC is orange.
1″ x 1″
TOP HALF (in MC, make two)
- Round 1 6 sc in MR (6 sts)
- Round 2 inc x6 (12 sts)
- Round 3 (sc, inc) x6 (18 sts)
- Round 4-6 (3 rnds) sc all around (18 sts)
- Invisible finish off and weave in end. Make another identically, but do not finish off.
Connect to the second half and sc 16 all around, leaving 2 stitches unworked. Connect to the first half also leaving 2 stitches unworked and sc the remaining 16 stitches around. See video tutorial here. (32 sts total)
Using one of the tail ends of the top half, whip stitch the gap between the two halves closed. See video tutorial here.
BOTTOM HALF (in MC)
- Round 1 sc all around (32 sts)
- Round 2 (sc6, dec) x4 (28 sts)
- Round 3 (sc5, dec) x4 (24 sts)
- Round 4 (sc4, dec) x4 (20 sts)
- Begin stuffing. Insert 4.0 mm safety eyes between rounds 1 and 2 of the bottom half, or between rounds 6 and 7 counting from the very top, 3 stitches apart.
- Round 5 (sc3, dec) x4 (16 sts)
- Round 6 (sc2, dec) x4 (12 sts)
- Finish stuffing.
- Round 7 (sc, dec) x4 (8 sts)
- Cut the tail, cinch the last round closed, and finish off.
Your heart amigurumi is all done! I hope you enjoyed crocheting it and found the pattern helpful. I would love to see your finished amigurumi, so share a picture on Instagram with me by using the #littleworldofwhimsy and tagging me @littleworldofwhimsy.
Leave a Comment